The Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra continues to adapt and update its protocols and procedures in response to the coronavirus pandemic.This page includes up-to-date policies for health safety, Please check here often for the latest information.
As we return to presenting live events, our top priority is the safety and security of LPO audiences, performing artists, crew, and staff. We ask everyone to continue to do their part in ending the pandemic, so concerts and performances we all have missed can be presented in our community. To provide as safe an environment as possible, effective immediately, all events whether public or private will be subject to the following protocols:
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR AGES 12 & OLDER
- A valid COVID-19 vaccination record matching the photo ID, demonstrating complete vaccination at least two weeks prior to the day of the event. Documentation can be in the form of a photo of the card on a mobile phone, a physical photocopy, or the original card. The LA Wallet app may also be used as documentation. More information at –> https://lawallet.com/
- Ticket holders that do not provide the necessary documentation for proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test WILL NOT BE ADMITTED to the performance.
- A printed or digital copy of a verified negative COVID-19 test result, matching the photo ID and administered within 72 hours of the day of event, by or under the supervision of a healthcare professional, or an at-home test verified by telehealth proctor.
ENTRY REQUIREMENTS FOR AGES UNDER 12
- For minors ages 12 & under, masks are strongly recommended and will be available upon request.
TO HELP KEEP YOU AND OTHERS SAFE
- Masks are strongly recommended for all attendees at ticketed events, regardless of vaccination status, except when actively eating for drinking. Masks will be available upon request.
- Musicians, crew, and all venue staff are full vaccinated and follow the same mask requirements (where possible) as event attendees.
- After every ticketed event, the entire theater will be fully cleaned and sanitized, in keeping with the venue’s policies, with focused attention on high-traffic areas such as main entry area, concessions, lobbies, auditorium, and bathrooms.
- If you test positive and/or are sick with COVID-19 within 14 days of an event for which you hold a ticket, please contact LPO patron services for options regarding your tickets.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding as we enact these protocols for the health and safety of everyone, so that the LPO can continue to transform the people and communities of New Orleans through music.
- Yes! All ticket holders are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 to attend all performances and events at all concert locations (including, but not limited to: Orpheum Theater, New Orleans Museum of Art, NOMA Jazz & Heritage Museum, St. Alphonsus Church, St. Paul’s School, etc). To enter the theatre, please bring proof of vaccination, either your physical vaccination card, a picture of your vaccination card, or a digital vaccination record using LAWallet.
- Those who are under age 12 and anyone without proof of being fully vaccinated must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering the theatre.
- It means you have received a COVID-19 vaccine authorized by the World Health Organization or the Food and Drug Administration and the last dose of the vaccine has been administered at least 14 days before your performance date
- Those who are under age 12 or those who need reasonable accommodation for medical reasons or due to a sincerely held religious belief must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering the theatre.
- Masks are mandatory at all times for all persons regardless of vaccination status in all indoor spaces, including during the entire performance.
- Yes, everyone entering the theatre who is not vaccinated, including children under age 12 must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours prior to entering the theatre.
- Masks will be required for all persons, in all indoor areas, except when actively eating or drinking. Per public health guidance, children age 2 and under are not required to wear a mask.
- We are currently selling tickets up to our full capacity for all performances. This means that there will not be physical distancing within the venue, and you will have people sitting directly next to, in front of, and behind you.
- To ensure timely entry, please arrive early for your performance. Once you have entered, we ask that you continue swiftly and safely to your seat to avoid crowding in the lobby.
- With the severity of the current COVID-19 situation and Delta variant surge, we have determined that additional safety measures are important to keep everyone safe. The arts have experienced the longest shutdown in its history and, in order to offer live music again, this is the only viable way to assure public safety. Vaccinations and masks are the most effective tools that we have for the safety of all.
- This is also the policy of the City of New Orleans and more information can be found at ready.nola.gov
- Food and beverage service will be limited and dependent on the concert location. Intermission Bars may be open for limited service before and during performances.
- If you or someone in your group doesn’t feel well, has exhibited symptoms of COVID-19 in the previous 14 days, or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days, please stay home. Contact Patron Services at 504.523.6530 Opt 2 for options regarding your tickets.
- Yes. All members of the LPO who perform live for audiences are required to be vaccinated. Guest artists vaccination status will be required prior to live performances with the LPO.
- Patrons who do not provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours prior to a performance will not be admitted inside indoor venues for LPO concerts. Ticketholders will have a full range of options including:
- Holding the value of your tickets on account to apply to future subscriptions and tickets
- Donating all or part of the value of your tickets
Requesting a full refund.