LPO Volunteers is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to service and support for the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra.
Since the early 1990s, the all-volunteer group has raised more than $2.5 million through its solely owned businesses – The Encore Shop and Symphony Book Fair – and contributed thousands of volunteer hours to support the LPO.
Now seeking new members! Join the LPO Volunteers today & support the country’s only wholly musician-owned orchestra.
Volunteers are a crucial to the success of the LPO. In addition to running the organization’s two solely owned businesses – The Encore Shop and Symphony Book Fair – LPO Volunteers contribute hundreds of man hours annually, welcoming guest musicians into their homes, hosting small private concerts that supplement musician incomes, assisting with orchestra auditions, and helping with many other needs that support the Louisiana Philharmonic Orchestra. LPO Volunteers welcomes all levels of commitment – from single-event volunteers at Book Fair and Bucket Brigade, to full engagement in many events, to dues-only members. There are so many ways to contribute, so please consider offering your time and talents.
How to Get Involved
- Become a dues-paying member of LPO Volunteers
- Shop at The Encore Shop, our designer resale shop (or donate to the shop’s inventory – click the link above to make an appointment)
- Shop at our annual Book Fair or bring your gently used books, DVDs, CDs, or puzzles to the Book Fair warehouse in Harahan (click the link for hours and details).
- Volunteer your time and talents to one of the many activities that support the LPO.
How to Become a Member
- Sign up online below
- Download Membership form & mail in with payment. Click Here for Membership Form
LPOV Single Membership
LPOV Couples Membership
LPOV Prelude Membership
LPOV Single Supporting Membership
LPOV Couples Supporting Membership
Contact our Membership Chairman, Robin Reed at Membership@LPOVolunteers.org
Book Fair is NOT TAKING DONATIONS AT THIS TIME.
The warehouse is currently closed for the summer and will reopen sometime in September. Please check back for more information.
BOOK FAIR WAREHOUSE
517 Time Saver Ave
Harahan, LA 70123
IN ELMWOOD AREA
Link to map here
Symphony Book Fair accepts: books • art • sheet music • audio books • CDs • DVDs • puzzles & games
Questions? Call 504-343-2226 (leave a message if outside hours)
Suite Sunday Salons
More information to be announced!
Contact LPO Volunteers
Learn more at: symphonyvolunteers.org